Right Click Disable

Monday, December 6, 2010

Edition Two.

two poems today from three friends, enjoy!


1. Darkness
Jeff Reid


is the sound of footsteps
as a lover escapes into the night,
the stench of cheap perfume
and stale cigarette smoke
lingering in the air.
It is a Gideon's bible
turned to the book of Revelations,
the fiery glow of a neon vacancy sign
dancing in rhythm with the rain.


Jeff is a musician, writer, photographer and father living in Virginia and currently attending Randolph College.




2. floating
Anna Conn and Tyler Atwood


Can you hold my strawberry?
These are my one-thirty musings:


I have been figuring out things like yellow fever vaccines, picture frames,
         empty nest syndrome and chocolate icing.
I have been thinking about France a lot today.
It started on a napkin in Alabama and
goes well with coffee and grass.


You are obsessed with hats and I am obsessed with books.
We will be friends once and forever.


We sat on a rock in Georgia
after the Dakotas.
I put the schedule between the cereals.
Wednesdays we'd paint in Sienna;
We'd meet at the clock tower
and read there next to rosemary.


There's no bend in my fork —
lend me a spoon.
It's a two pitcher kind of day.


I wish you had the wind outside my window.


Anna is a senior at the University of Virginia, and she introduced me to co-written poems. Tyler is an English major, also at the University of Virginia.

No comments:

Post a Comment